Based in Tullamarine , this organisation is currently seeking a Dispute Resolution Officer (DRO) to join a leading insurance provider for Australian and New Zealand. They are looking for a highly organised polished professional for this role, responsible for investigating and responding to all Insurance complaints and disputes both verbally and in writing.
Applicants should be energetic and driven you must have strong time management skill display integrity and initiative and a high level of resilience with strong written and oral skills.
The complaints officer must have the ability to work both as part of a team and to develop working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful in the role you will have the following attributes:
- Strong understanding of legislative and compliance frameworks with business and external scheme frameworks for regulatory bodies.
- Ability to interpret regulatory and legislative standards and their impact on disputes.
- Strong communication skills- demonstrates a proven ability to address all customer issues and convey dispute outcomes in a confident and concise manner.
- Investigate and prepare written response received for complaints and disputes referred for IDR and/or EDR within regulated time frames and standards.
- Ensure accurate recording and maintenance of customer, complaints and dispute information.
- Execute delegated levels of authority in order to effectively resolve complaints and disputes by evaluating policies and applying discretion whilst balancing the needs of the customer and business.
- Meet quality audit requirements
- Prepare briefing notes and circulars to internal stakeholders on insurance related matters before EDR schemes.
- High level or accuracy and attention to detail
To be considered for this role
- Relevant Qualifications in Law, Commercial Law and/or commerce is desirable.
- Insurance experience ( advantageous)
- Dispute Resolution , Negotiation or Mediation studies highly regarded.
- Experience in report writing desirable.
- Minimum 12 months in Dispute Resolution Role.
- Strong communication skills verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and promote internal processes and service improvement.
- Exceptional time management skill.
- Take unconditional responsibility
- Build strong internal and external relationships
- Deliver results.