Mediation Institute is an innovative specialist training provider of Mediation and Family Dispute Resolution Training throughout Australia via online learning and skills development through live video mediation role plays and training.
We are a Recognised Mediator Accreditation Body (RMAB) and partner with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) called Inspiritive to provide vocational training and education.
Mediation Institute is seeking a contract Trainer to join our team to deliver Vocational and NMAS training, coaching and assessment. The role requires timely assessment and feedback, role-play simulation mentoring including demonstrating skills when necessary plus updating training records and materials as required.
You will also have the opportunity to provide mentoring and supervision working as a co-mediator with students during their 50 hour work placements.
Working remotely from Western Australia your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting online training and assessments using the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) and Zoom - we can upskill if you are not familiar with Canvas.
- Mentoring student role-plays - you must have experience as a mentor and be willing to learn our approach.
- Providing Student Support - mentoring, demonstrating, providing constructive feedback and so on.
- Completing related administrative tasks - record keeping is in the learning management system and our online role play scheduler.
- Co-mediating with students undertaking work placement in Family Dispute Resolution. This can be done through the not-for-profit we support, Interact Support, or your own professional practice.
Skills and Experience
- You must be a registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP) - please indicate your R number on your CV or covering letter.
- Have recent experience in providing family dispute resolution services for parenting and property settlement matters.
- Be a NMAS Accredited Mediator (ideally 3 + years accredited).
- Have TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Certificate or equivalent.
- Have training and assessment experience in the vocational education and training sector.
- Be able to deliver training and assessment, including skills assessment, remotely using video meeting technology.
- Be comfortable with co-mediation as you will have the opportunity to co-mediate with students during their work placement.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, reliable, able to time manage and prioritise,
- Reliable Internet and computer equipment.
- You must have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
We are looking for a new team member to join our training and mentoring team who is based in Western Australia. We are looking for someone in WA to help us to support our Western Australian students appropriately.
To be successful as a Mediation Institute team member, you will be passionate about appropriate dispute resolution (ADR) and supporting the next generations of mediators to be digitally competent and well trained in facilitative mediation and family dispute resolution.
The role is for a casual contractor. It is flexible making it very suitable for a mediator running your own practice or working part-time with a government-funded service and/or with caregiving responsibilities that prevent you from working full time. You will be required to be working with clients in order to be a Mediation Institute training team member.
You will be supportive and flexible in your teaching style whilst maintaining a focus on ensuring that learners are competent and well equipped to join the industry when they qualify.
- Competitive contractor rates – between $50 (admin and assignment assessing) to $75 (live mentoring) per hour including GST if payable.
- Supportive, collegiate team providing opportunities for professional growth and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to be part of a business that values innovation, student focus and flexibility in the way we provide our award willing training.
If this sounds interesting to you, please apply now with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you would like to join the Mediation Institute training team.
Please do not apply if you are not qualified to provide vocational training. Send your information to email@example.com