Are you a problem solver with a passion for fairness and justice?
We are looking for a resolution focused, proactive Conciliator to be part of our fast-paced Conciliation Team.
If you share our values of transparency, honesty and accountability, we want to hear from you.
- Use your skills to make a real difference
- Join an organisation which values work life balance
- Health, wellbeing and social programs and learning and development opportunities
- Fixed-term contract for 12 - 24 months
Do work with purpose at AFCA
The Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) is a dynamic and exciting new organisation that resolves financial disputes between Australians and financial firms like banks, investment firms and financial advisers.
We are a fast-paced purpose driven organisation that has grown rapidly since we launched on 1 November 2018. We already have over 600 staff and we are looking to recruit intelligent and passionate people to join our team.
Who we are looking for
We are looking to appoint a Conciliator to conciliate banking, finance, insurance, investments, advice, and superannuation related matters. The main responsibility of this role is to support the dispute teams by conducting conciliation conferences and facilitating negotiations to resolve disputes between financial firms and complainants.
This is an excellent opportunity for those who are interested in further developing their conciliation skills and knowledge of the financial services industry, while also gaining exposure to a wider range of dispute areas.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- strong experience in conducting mediations or conciliations;
- National Mediator Accreditation System (NMAS) accreditation;
- qualifications in alternative dispute resolution or other relevant field such as law;
- knowledge of financial services and products;
- excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to communicate complex legal and/or financial concepts in plain English;
- experience in, or interest in, delivering training and coaching in conciliation skills;
- the ability to manage a busy schedule of conciliations in an efficient, fair and timely manner with a clear focus on providing a quality service to the dispute teams; and
- the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
As a new organisation, we need people who want to make AFCA a great place to work and embody our culture of being fair, independent, transparent, accountable, honest, respectful, proactive and customer focused.
We want people with empathy, who can speak plainly, have a sense of natural justice and community standards, and who can make stakeholders feel heard.
Most importantly, we want people who understand what we mean when we say, "AFCA is on the side of fairness".
AFCA offers you the chance to do work with purpose, along with genuine career development opportunities and the ability to make a difference in an organisation with a positive, collaborative and exciting culture.
We encourage work/life balance and offer extensive health and wellbeing initiatives, including an onsite employee assistance program. Because we're a not-for-profit, we also provide competitive salary packaging options.
The salary range for this role is $98,146.00 + $103,598.00 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation, based on skills and experience.
AFCA promotes a workplace that values fairness, respect and social and cultural diversity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you'd be a great fit for AFCA.