A number of us have been working on turning the Mi Community Support Program from an idea into a service available to the community.
The intention is to provide dispute resolution services without delay for members of our community throughout Australia.
- regular meetings are occurring on Friday afternoons but attendance is low. We’ll look at moving to evenings if during the day isn’t possible for the majority of people. https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/event/mi-community-support-team-meeting/all/
- join the Mi Community Support group on facebook to provide your feedback on best time for the weekly planning meeting. https://www.facebook.com/groups/NegotiationHelp/
- we now have a form that you can use to express your intention of joining the program – https://interact.support/join-the-mi-community-mediation-panel/
- we set up a Facebook page for the Tenant / Landlord mediation services if that is something you are interested in being part of – https://www.facebook.com/rpmmf/
- we are working with Nathan from MODRON to learn how to use MODRON as the case management tool for Interact Support. Once you are part of the initiative you’ll have access to a sandbox site under the Mediation Institute banner (learning only) version and a live site under the Interact Support banner and training.
- Interact Support Incorporated which is a not-for-profit will host the Mi Community Mediation program to help make it possible for other not-for-profits to refer to the program www.interact.support
- Infographic on the Mi Community Mediation Program is available here – https://mediationinstitute.sharepoint.com/:i:/r/sites/MiCS/Shared%20Documents/Images/Mi%20Community%20Mediation%20Services.png?csf=1&web=1&e=63KanB
This infographic gives an idea of the process for the Mi Community Mediation Service.
Services are delivered remotely during the social distancing restrictions of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
In the future face to face services will be at the discretion of the dispute resolution practitioner providing the services.