This post is a summary of a TED talk of
Mediation Institute webinars are free for members and low cost for others in the dispute resolution community.
- This event has passed.
Understanding Facilitative Mediation
4 March @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm AEST
An event every month that begins at 12:00pm on day First of the month, repeating until 01/04/2019
An event every month that begins at 8:00pm on day First of the month, repeating until 01/04/2019
Who is the Understanding Facilitative Mediation webinar for?
This webinar will be relevant for you if:
- you are interested in becoming a NMAS Accredited Mediator
- you are a current students of the Mediation Institute NMAS Mediator Training and Assessment Course or
- completing the Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution course and you are not yet a NMAS Mediator or
- you are a NMAS Accredited Mediator and would like to contribute your insights to the webinar (1 hour of CPD)
What is the Agenda?
During the session we will talk about:
- what is required to become a professional mediator under the Australian National Mediator Accreditation System (NMAS)
- talk through the why for each step in the facilitative mediation process including pre-mediation
- answer any questions participants in the webinar have
- provide any NMAS Mediators attending the opportunity to contribute their thoughts to the discussion
What is the intended outcome?
Our goal for the session is that participants will end the session with a clear understanding of:
- what is required to become and maintain the minimum standard for professional mediators in Australia.
- why we do what we do in facilitative mediation and additional resources you can access to continue to deepen your understanding