This post is a summary of a TED talk of
Mediation Institute is happy to publish events being organised by members and events that members think we should share with other dispute resolution professionals. Let us know what you think should be on the calendar!
- This event has passed.
Understanding Facilitative Mediation
4 February @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm AEDT
An event every month that begins at 1:00 pm on day First of the month, repeating until 01/04/2019
An event every month that begins at 8:00 pm on day First of the month, repeating until 01/04/2019
Who is the Understanding Facilitative Mediation webinar for?
This webinar will be relevant for you if:
- you are interested in becoming a NMAS Accredited Mediator
- you are a current students of the Mediation Institute NMAS Mediator Training and Assessment Course or
- completing the Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution course and you are not yet a NMAS Mediator or
- you are a NMAS Accredited Mediator and would like to contribute your insights to the webinar (1 hour of CPD)
What is the Agenda?
During the session we will talk about:
- what is required to become a professional mediator under the Australian National Mediator Accreditation System (NMAS)
- talk through the why for each step in the facilitative mediation process including pre-mediation
- answer any questions participants in the webinar have
- provide any NMAS Mediators attending the opportunity to contribute their thoughts to the discussion
What is the intended outcome?
Our goal for the session is that participants will end the session with a clear understanding of:
- what is required to become and maintain the minimum standard for professional mediators in Australia.
- why we do what we do in facilitative mediation and additional resources you can access to continue to deepen your understanding