This survey is for Mediation Institute members and students who intend on becoming members to help us with our 2021 planning and 2020 review of the year we have just had.
Mediation Institute is happy to promote events run by other organisers which may be of value to Mediation Institute Members.
Please contact us about your events (Mi Member discounts for paid events are encouraged!)
This is a free service for Mediation Institute Members or relevant free events. If you are not a member and it is a paid event we would encourage you to offer a Mi Members discount.
- This event has passed.
Superannuation and Family Law
10/08/2020 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm AEST
Dan Blackman from Superinfo and Fiona Kirkman from FamilyProperty and Kirkman Family Law are going to talk to us about superannuation and family law.
Registration Link – https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_9K42Hb2pR1CaTwlGb6tSjg
They will cover –
- What are the different types of superannuation funds?
- What information/documents should be obtained for each super fund?
- Defined benefit superannuation – what is it & how is it valued for family law vs scheme purposes?
- Self-managed superannuation funds
- How to answer the superannuation questions in the Application for Consent Orders
- Payment of superannuation as per a superannuation split
- Impact of initial superannuation on property settlements
- Impact of COVID & early release of superannuation
- Topical superannuation issues
- How FamilyProperty & SuperInfo can assist