On the 5th April 2020 Zoom made a major change to meetings requiring either a waiting room or a password due to some mischievous behaviour by people with too much time on their hands.
Mediation Institute is happy to publish events being organised by members and events that members think we should share with other dispute resolution professionals. Let us know what you think should be on the calendar!
- This event has passed.
Resolution Institute Conference – New Zealand
18/10/2018 - 19/10/2018
Spotlight on Practice
Resolution Institute is hosting a conference on the 18th and 19th October 2018 in Wellington, New Zealand.
Blurb from the conference website
A conference that sets dispute resolution practice ‘at the centre’. A little bit different, this conference offers a range of longer interactive workshop sessions focused on dispute resolution practice, as well as opportunities to engage in professional conversations and exchange insights with colleagues.
Leave with learning you can use.
At this conference we offer participants longer workshop style 1.5 hour sessions. You will have the opportunity to attend 6 of these over the 2 days.
These sessions will be delivered in a facilitative training style offering topic depth, specific skills and interactive learning. They will offer opportunities for participants:
- to be interactive,
- to engage in discussion,
- to practise new skills,
- to reflect on new ideas and apply them to their own context/work.
Over the two days of the conference, along with this ‘in-depth’ learning, there will also be other formal and informal networking and discussion opportunities with colleagues.
- optional lunchtime special interest discussion sessions
- end of day drinks and networking on Thursday
- hosted dinner opportunities on Thursday night – head out to a choice of funky Cuba Street restaurants with a group of DR practitioners and a fabulous host
We will run a workshop selection process online prior to make sure you can attend the workshops of your choice.
The conference will offer 12 CPD hours.
Presenters and Workshops
The main focus of the conference is 90 minute workshop sessions to allow greater topic depth. Workshops are focused on specific skills or learning that you can incorporate into the facilitation/mediation/dispute resolution practice work you do. Workshop presenters have presentation and training skills to ensure the workshop sessions deliver both content you can use in your practice and interactive learning.
This isn’t the complete workshop list! More coming soon….
- Brain science of conflict for adults (focused on the client in the room) Kathryn Berkett
- Brain science of conflict for children (developmental stages) Kathryn Berkett
- Building a mediation career Panel facilitated by Hayden Wilson
- Chess v draughts: cross culture dispute resolution Everard Halbert
- Conciliation conferences – changing the frame Simon Roughton & Moira Ransom
- Evaluating our own practice – are we kidding ourselves? Moira Ransom
- Is your business safe? – Using risk analysis to increase success Trevor Slater
- Making the first call: Finding the words that will encourage people to take the next step in restorative justice (or any DR process) Jennifer Parker
- Right question, right approach, right moment: The ‘what’ and ‘how’ of questioning Paul Hutcheson
- Brain science of ‘self-care’ for the dispute resolution practitioner Kathryn Berkett
- Square peg, round hole – negotiating a legitimate space for cross-cultural decision-making? Sarah M Blake
- The art of engagement Janine Carroll
- The mediator’s role in agreement and closure Anna Quinn
- Using mediation skills and technology for facilitating large group consultationPhillip Hart
- When mediation goes bad Nina Khouri
Registration Fees – inclusive GST
|Full conference Resolution Institute member (early bird until 5th September)||$590.00|
|Full conference non-member (early bird until 5th September)||$690.00|
|Full conference unwaged / student (see below for application)||$230.00|
|Day only Resolution Institute member (early bird until 5th September)||$385.00|
|Day only non-member (early bird until 5th September)||$450.00|