Monthly training update for October 2020.
Mediation Institute is able to publish events being organised by members and events that members think we should share with other dispute resolution professionals.
Let us know what you think should be on the calendar!
FDR Property Mediation using FamilyProperty Webinar Series
13 October @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm AEDT
Join Mediation Institute and the team from FamilyProperty for a program of training and practice using FamilyProperty.
The session is tailored for mediators. This series will run over October and November with the sessions co-facilitated by Joanne Law from the Mediation Institute and Fiona Kirkman from FamilyProperty.
- 13th October 2020 @ 1pm – Teaching session – using the questionnaire
- 27th October 2020 @ 1pm – Practical session – pre-mediation role play
- 10th November 2020 @ 1pm – Teaching session – using FamilyProperty during the mediation
- 24th November 2020 @ 1pm – Practical session – running a mediation
This series counts for 6.5 hours of Continuing Professional Development for FDRPs but not placement hours.
There are limited places available due to practical considerations so make sure you register early.
Attendees must either be an FDRP or training to become an FDRP and also ideally meet one of the following criteria:
Mediation Institute member;
Interact Online contractor or volunteer.
This is a pilot of this style of training, as part of participating in the free pilot you will be asked to provide some feedback.
Using FamilyProperty to run your Property Pre-Mediation sessions
(Tuesday 13 October 2020 starting at 1pm – 1 hour session)
How to use the client Questionnaire if it will be completed by clients
How to use the client Questionnaire if it will be completed by their lawyer
What about risk screening?
What about considerations? What information do you need from the client and why does it matter?
Helping clients to model their proposals during pre-mediation with and without prior legal advice.
Helping clients to get advice before mediation – legal, financial, valuations etc
Practical Session – pre-mediation role plays using FamilyProperty
(Tuesday 27 October 2020 starting at 1pm – 2 hour session)
- Hands on session – you must have a version of FamilyProperty
- Co-mediation model will be used
- Break out rooms with scenarios pre-loaded
- 60 minute role play – discussing the client information, considerations and modelling the proposal. For time considerations we will skip the risk / suitability screening.
- Feedback session
Using FamilyProperty in Property FDR
(Tuesday 10 November 2020 starting at 1pm – 1.5 hour session)
- Checking FamilyProperty prior to Mediation Day
- Review of the property FDR process
- Working online with FamilyProperty
- Bringing the client submitted information together and negotiating values
- Discussing Considerations – how to do this using FamilyProperty to capture information
- Modelling Proposals and negotiation theory – e.g. set point
- Documenting alternative proposals
- Documenting heads of agreement
Practical Session – FDR Property Mediation role play using FamilyProperty
(Tuesday 24 November 2020 starting at 1pm – 2 hour session)
- Hands on session – role playing an actual mediation using FamilyProperty
- Breakout rooms – all participants with the same scenario
- Role players will be needed to help if possible i.e. so that the FDRP’s can all mediate. 90 minute role play
- Feedback session as a group
- For this session preference will be given to FDRPs who are FamilyProperty subscribers, if non-subscribers would like to interact in this session as a ‘party’ they are welcome to do that
We will also have general question and answer time, and we will take general feedback on the product.
If you know ahead of time of something that you want us to cover then please email us firstname.lastname@example.org