Mediation Institute has content available to train this three unit skill set. It is for mediators who want a vocational qualification in Mediation to add mediation skills to their existing professional practice or for those who would prefer the vocational training pathway to the NMAS Mediator Accreditation option as a pathway to the CHC81115 Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution qualification.
This four element unit covers the skills you need to properly prepare for mediation. To be assessed as competent for this unit the student must have evidence that they have prepared for at least 5 meditations according to the standards. Mediation Institute provides the materials, training and assessment in partnership with an RTO. Work placement is not provided for this unit.
This four element unit covers the skills you need to properly facilitate mediation. To be assessed as competent for this unit the learner must have evidence that they have facilitated at least 5 different mediations with clients including at least one co-mediation. Mediation Institute provides the materials, training and assessment in partnership with an RTO. Work placement is not provided for this unit.
This four element unit covers the skills you need to properly consolidate the gains made in mediation, document and conclude the process professionally. To be assessed as competent for this unit the learner must have evidence that they have facilitated at least 5 different mediation’s with clients. Mediation Institute provides the materials, training and assessment in partnership with an RTO. Work placement is not provided for this unit.
Mediation Institute has developed an accessible and flexible online learning program for this course. Designed to meet the needs of diverse and busy learners without loosing the human touch. Our course includes interactive video webinars, discussion groups, video mediation role plays and more to provide a variety of learning opportunities without the learner needing to leave their home or office.
While it is preferable that learners work with clients while developing these skills the use of simulation is acceptable in this training package. Previous mediation studies (NMAS) and workplace experience can be recognised in the form of Recognition of Prior (RPL) for all or part of the course practical evidence requirements.
There is no work placement requirement for this course. All skills can be developed and assessed through role plays.
Business in a Box
Mediation is a structured process governed by an Agreement to Mediate. A full set of mediation documents is provided to all students including:
– Agreement to Mediate
– Mediation Information Booklet
– Referral and Waiver templates
– Agreements template
– Run sheets and more
Online or Blended Learning Training Options
Our course materials can be used as fully online learning or for blended delivery.
Theory is delivered through online learning, webinars, videos and discussions. Quizzes and other practical assessment activities develop and test the students knowledge of mediation and cover topics ranging from the ethics of marketing a mediation practice to writing up agreements and everything in between.
Skills are developed through role plays which can be conducted through Video Mediation or students can attend a workshop.
This course exceeds the requirements for NMAS training and Assessment for NMAS Accreditation included at no extra fee.
The course is offered by Mediation Institute in partnership with a registered training organisation. Mediation Institute provides the course materials and all training and assessment.
Contact us to find out more
Get in touch if you are an RTO looking for a content provider / content deliverer for this qualification or a student interested in finding out the difference between this course and the NMAS Accreditation.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I enrol?
Mediation Institute only delivers this course in partnership with RTO’s. Contact us to discuss your training options.
Is Mediation Institute an RTO?
No. Mediation Institute is not a Registered Training Organisation.
We are a specialist training provider who works in partnership with Registered Training Organisations.
In most of our training partnerships Mediation Institute is responsible for:
- processing applications to determine suitability for enrolment
- processing enrolment forms and all invoicing for students
- providing the course materials via online learning
- all training and assessment
- determining if students are competent and submitting evidence of competence to the Registered Training Organisation
- complying with all requirements for nationally accredited training at the direction of the Registered Training Organisation
Our RTO Partners are responsible for compliance with the RTO standards which includes:
- determining and monitoring the quality of the training and assessment provided by Mediation Institute
- participating in validation of completed assessments and continuous improvement activities to ensure that assessment meets ASQA and any other standards that apply
- receiving and storing evidence of competence
- issuing the qualification once competence is achieved
- complying with all requirements for registered training organisations
What payment terms do your offer?
Under ASQA guidelines students in vocational training are required to pay for their course in monthly instalments unless the course is being paid for by a company or the RTO has a training guarantee in place. If the course is being paid for by a company we can accept payments in full upfront.
The monthly instalments vary depending on the the fees and duration for the course. Mediation Institute does not add a cost loading to the course fees when students are paying by the month.
What units does the Skill Set Cover?
The CHCSS00110 – Mediation Skill Set covers 3 units.
CHCMED001 – Prepare for mediation.
This unit has 4 elements
- Confirm the mediation with participants,
- Gather and analyse information about the dispute,
- Assess readiness and commitment to participate.
- Prepare venue and resources for mediation.To be assessed as competent for this unit you have to demonstrate that you have prepared for at least 5 mediations according to organisational procedures gathering, sourcing and analysing various types of information that informs mediation.
CHCMED002 – Facilitate Mediation.
This unit has 4 elements
- Establish communication protocols,
- Define the dispute,
- Manage communication and interactions,
- Support problem solving and negotiation.To be assessed as competent for this unit you have to demonstrate that you have facilitated at least 5 different mediations with clients with varying circumstances and types of disputes with at least 1 co-mediation. Used and adapted the following communication techniques to meet the needs of different clients during the mediation process includingactive listening, open ended questions, direct questioning, appropriate body language, paraphrasing, reflecting, reframing, summarising, negotiation, problem-solving, conflict resolution, rapport-building and minimally obtrusive verbal and non-verbale behaviours to manage interruptions.
CHCMED003 – Consolidate and conclude mediation
This unit has 4 elements.
- Assess the level of agreement.
- Provide information and referral.
- Document and communicate outcome.
- Evaluate mediation.
Evidence that the applicant has consolidated, concluded, documented and evaluated at least 5 mediation processes with clients with varying circumstances and types of disputes. Used and adapted the following communication skills to meet the needs of different clients during the consolidation and concluding phases: paraphrasing, summarising, problem-solving, negotiation and decision making.
What is your refund policy?
The course is invoiced in monthly instalments. If you want to cancel the course at any stage notify the team before your next instalment is due. Once an instalment is paid and training commenced each instalment is generally not refundable.
There is an application and orientation process designed to ensure that you are suitable for the course and the course is suitable for you before your enrolment will be processed and you will be requested to make your first monthly payment.