This 4 element unit covers the skills you need to properly prepare for mediation. To be assessed as competent for this unit you must have evidence that you have prepared for at least 5 meditations according. Assessment only and Training and Assessment options available.
This 4 element unit covers the skills you need to properly facilitate mediation. To be assessed as competent for this unit you must have evidence that you have facilitated at least 5 different mediations with clients including at least one co-mediation.
This 4 element unit covers the skills you need to properly consolidate the gains made in mediation, document and conclude the process professionally. To be assessed as competent for this unit you must have evidence that you have facilitated at least 5 different mediation’s with clients.
The flexibility of online learning without loosing the human touch. Interactive video webinars, discussion groups, video mediation role plays and more provide a variety of learning opportunities without leaving your home or office.
Previous mediation studies (NMAS) and workplace experience can be recognised in the form of Recognition of Prior (RPL) for all or part of the course requirements.
There is no work placement requirement for this course. All skills can be developed and assessed through role plays.
Business in a Box
A full set of mediation documents is provided to all students including:
– Agreement to Mediate
– Mediation Information Booklet
– Referral and Waiver templates
– Run sheets and more
Online or Blended Learning Training Options
Theory is delivered through online learning, webinars, videos and discussions. Quizzes and other practical assessment activites develop and test your knowledge of mediation from the ethics of marketing a mediation practice to writing up agreements and everything in between.
Skills are developed through role plays which can be conducted through Video Mediation or you can attend one of our Residential Intensives. Workshops are offered on demand throughout Australia and on a regular schedule in Melbourne and Brisbane.
This course exceeds the requirements for NMAS training and Assessment for NMAS Accreditation included at no extra fee.
CHCSS00110 Skill Set NMAS UpgradeRPL plus Gap Training
- pre-requisite Certificate of Completion NMAS Course
- 3 Unit Skill Set
- Online only or Online plus workshop for gap training
CHCSS00110Training and Assessment
- no pre-requisite qualification requirements
- 3 unit skill set
- Training and assessment
- Online only or Online plus workshop skills development
- up to 4 days of workshop training
CHCSS00110 - Full RPLFor experienced mediators
- Must have provided a minimum of 5 mediations with clients including co-mediation
- per unit. $1,347 for the 3 Unit Skill Set
- You must be able to provide evidence
- Assessment Only
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I enrol?
Mediation Institute starts our training groups on their course monthly.
There is an application process to complete and a limited number of places available so begin your application process as soon as you can. You can defer your start date till a subsequent month should you not be ready to start with the next group.
Is Mediation Institute an RTO?
No. Mediation Institute is not a Registered Training Organisation.
We are a specialist training provider who works in partnership with Registered Training Organisations.
Mediation Institute is responsible for:
- processing applications to determine suitability for enrolment
- processing enrolment forms and all invoicing for students
- providing the course materials and all training and assessment
- determining if students are competent and submitting evidence of competence to the Registered Training Organisation
- complying with all requirements for nationally accredited training
Our RTO Partner is responsible for:
- Determining and monitoring the quality of the training and assessment provided by Mediation Institute
- Participating in Validation to ensure that assessment meets ASQA and any other standards that apply
- Receiving and storing evidence of competence and issuing the qualification once competence is achieved
- complying with all requirements for registered training organisations
Mediation Institute has a training partnership with the following RTO or RTO’s
- Skills Recognition International (SRI) RTO Code 32373
Information about the RTO you will be enrolled with will be provided throughout the enrolment process.
What payment terms do your offer?
Students are required to pay for their course in monthly instalments unless the course is being paid for by a company. If the course is being paid for by a company we can accept payments in full upfront.
Generally monthly instalments are $1,499 per month for three months.
Recognition of Prior Learning must be paid for in full at time of application.
What units does the Skill Set Cover?
The CHCSS00110 – Mediation Skill Set covers 3 units.
CHCMED001 – Prepare for mediation.
This unit has 4 elements
- Confirm the mediation with participants,
- Gather and analyse information about the dispute,
- Assess readiness and commitment to participate.
- Prepare venue and resources for mediation.
To be assessed as competent for this unit you have to demonstrate that you have prepared for at least 5 mediations according to organisational procedures gathering, sourcing and analysing various types of information that informs mediation.
CHCMED002 – Facilitate Mediation.
This unit has 4 elements
- Establish communication protocols,
- Define the dispute,
- Manage communication and interactions,
- Support problem solving and negotiation.
To be assessed as competent for this unit you have to demonstrate that you have facilitated at least 5 different mediations with clients with varying circumstances and types of disputes with at least 1 co-mediation. Used and adapted the following communication techniques to meet the needs of different clients during the mediation process includingactive listening, open ended questions, direct questioning, appropriate body language, paraphrasing, reflecting, reframing, summarising, negotiation, problem-solving, conflict resolution, rapport-building and minimally obtrusive verbal and non-verbale behaviours to manage interruptions.
CHCMED003 – Consolidate and conclude mediation
This unit has 4 elements.
- Assess the level of agreement.
- Provide information and referral.
- Document and communicate outcome.
- Evaluate mediation.
Evidence that the applicant has consolidated, concluded, documented and evaluated at least 5 mediation processes with clients with varying circumstances and types of disputes. Used and adapted the following communication skills to meet the needs of different clients during the consolidation and concluding phases: paraphrasing, summarising, problem-solving, negotiation and decision making.
What is your refund policy?
The course is invoiced in monthly instalments. If you want to cancel the course at any stage notify the team before your next instalment is due. Once an instalment is paid and training commenced each instalment is generally not refundable.
There is an application and orientation process designed to ensure that you are suitable for the course and the course is suitable for you before your enrolment will be processed and you will be requested to make your first monthly payment.